That's an Obstacle towards Graduation...MUET!

I was so happy and glad to say that I got Band 3 in Malaysia University English Test (MUET) March 2013 session. You can check the result by:

  • SMS: Type MUET RESULT<space> (Malaysia Identification Card No.) and send to 15888
  • Online: http://www.mpm.edu.my
  • Wait a letter from Malaysia Examination Board (MPM) [for private candidate]

Here is the details:

                                                       SPEAKING  :22/45
                                        LISTENING :18/45
                                        READING    :69/120
                                        WRITING     :35/90
                         OVERALL : 144/300 : Band 3 (140-179)


Praise to Allah for this great result. Allah said: Indeed, Allah will not change the condition of a people until they change what is in themselves (Koran:13:11). Actually, this is my second trial to get Band >3 since my 1st sat on November 2012 session and got Band 2 only. So pity right?

In preparation for November 2012 session, I thought my English was already OK and no need for further improvement. The MUET trainers conducted by Tamhidi of Islamic Science University of Malaysia management during MUET Seminar 2012 also praised me for my achievement in English language by giving me Band 3, although I had not follow their explanation seriously.
USIM students commonly take Speaking test at Nilai Closed Stadium, while other tests are held at any closed area in the campus. The stadium is situated near the campus.

During November 2012 session test. My speaking was bit stammered. To recover my weakness in front of testers, I just answered the question given shortly. I didn't know there were any format to score Speaking test. Just saying bla...bla...bla... and then finish. Since I hadn't use English in everyday life, I had a little problem to understand the topic spoken by the voices during Listening test. So, I wrote nothing in several questions. I also don't have enough time to finish my essay. I admit that this is my fault because of my improper preparation before sitting in this test.

The books used during MUET seminar.
I ransomed my mistake by struggling on March 2013 session. My friends said, "Lepak dulu." Their word may be true because usually the seniors took the test if they were really really ready; about 1 year from the test they sat before. However, this rushed decision gave me luck - "Nasib jer tu," somebody says. Unlike November 2012, I prepared lonely and not attending any seminar proposed by the university except doing MUET exercises ran by English lecturer, by utilizing the notes given by the former tester and by reading the scheme/format on MUET Oxford Fajar book.

There was several blank spaces that I saw when sitting on March 2013 session. Maybe that candidate was not ready to take in, I thought. By the absence of several candidates, I gathered with 2 friends instead of 3; a girl from Science & Technology course and a girl from Syariah & Law course during Speaking test. Their tone and confidence were amazing while I still have problems in the fluency of speaking. So, I gave my points and oops... the time was out to conclude what I'd said before. Attending for Reading test was so bashful. This was my fault when I didn't read carefully the venue I must attend. Actually the word FKP (Faculty of Leadership & Management) wrotten on a board at my hostel, but I read as DKP (Main Lecture Hall). Because of this mistake, I late 30 minutes with my sweat soaked the shirt. My disgusted presence seen by tens of my friend. I was so shy. But, with my guilt feeling, I had enthusiasm to finishing Reading and another next 2 test (Writing and Listening) with very little blanks on the paper. Mistakes? I didn't know how much they were there.
 
For me, this is my 'textbook'


Did you know why I only require Band 3 to graduate? It is compulsory for me as Science & Technology student to get Band 3 to be graduated.  Unlike another students from other Tamhidi courses who says "Lepak dulu", my friends from Syariah and Law course must achieve Band 4 to ENTER any courses at Faculty of Syariah and Law during Degree. That's why I see most of Tamhidi candidates come from this course when I sit for March 2013 session. I hope that they will pass this obstacle like me. Finally, I would like to give an appreciation by saying syukran jazilan to my friends, teachers and for those who helped me. Alhamdulillah!

Tiada ulasan:

Catat Ulasan

Correct me if I am wrong. Politely please.